It doesn’t matter who the person is, asking the right questions is a great way to get to know someone better. And sometimes it’s more comfortable making it a fun date night plan to do with your partner instead of just asking out of the blue.
If you are asking yourself “what could I possibly not know about the partner I’ve been with for years?”, that was my question too. But, it turns out a lot. I learned that my husband dreamt of being on the cover of Food & Wine magazine and that he was grateful for our successful marriage—that warms my heart.
These questions range from casual and fun to deep and serious to romantic—everything you need to get to know your significant other on a different level. Completing the list would make for the perfect date night (crack open a bottle of wine first!), on one of those long boring drives or just add it to your Couple’s Bucket List for later.
Fun Questions to Ask Your Husband, Wife, Spouse and/or Partner to get to Know them on a Deeper Level
1. What was your funnest subject in high school & which one did you dread?
2. What is one attribute of your mother that you see in yourself?
3. How did your mother and father meet?
4. Who would you like to have a closer relationship with?
5. What do you think happens to you when you die?
6. Would you rather be on the cover of Time, People or Food & Wine magazine?
7. What would you do with one week to do anything, all expenses paid?
8. Would you rather be a painter, writer or musician?
9. Do you think you are hard on yourself?
10. Do you have any phobias?
11. When home alone, do you shut the door when you use the bathroom?
12. If you could afford it at this moment, what would you buy?
13. What is the greatest goal you want to achieve in the next five years?
14. What are five things you are grateful for?
15. If you could own the world’s largest collection of anything, what would it be?
16. What is the most boring thing you can think of doing?
17. What one month on the calendar would you like to eliminate?
18. What age would you like to be for the rest of your life?
19. What would you like to build if you knew how?
20. What signs of aging are you starting to see in yourself?
21. What is your favorite smell?
22. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
23. Would you rather skydive or bungee jump?
24. What is your ideal type of party to attend?
25. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
26. What was your favorite family tradition?
27. Have you ever won anything?
28. Who was the best boss you ever had?
29. What would an ideal day look like?
30. Which game show would you like to be on?
31. If you weren’t doing what you do now for a career, what would you do?
32. If you won a multi-million dollar lottery what would you do with the money?
33. What famous person would you want to meet?
34. What is your favorite memory about us?
35. Would you like to be famous? For what?
36. If you could change something about the way you were raised what would it be?
37. What super power do you wish you had?
38. Have you ever stolen anything before?
39. What grosses you out?
40. Did you have any pets growing up?
41. What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
42. When’s the last time you cried?
43. What do you hope your life looks like in five years?
44. What do you want to be remembered for?
45. What is one thing you wish that you were really good at?
46. What is your favorite childhood memory?
47. What did you want to be when you grew up?
48. What did your parent name you after?
49. What hobby would you like to take up together?
50. What is the worst job you ever had?
If you want more intimate questions for couples, definitely get TABLETOPICS Couples edition that gives you 135 fun ones.
Which of these fun Question did you ask your husband, wife, spouse and/or partner?
Share the responses in the comments!
Tips for Asking Your Husband, Wife, Spouse and/or Partner Questions
- Make sure you actually want to know the answers! This is not suppose to be an interrogation, but an exercise in getting to know him/her better.
- Come up with questions from a variety of different categories; childhood, family & friends, leisure time, habits, love, politics, spirituality, work.
- Ask open ended questions. Select questions that require more than a one word answer.
- Choose the appropriate time to ask these questions. You don’t have to finish all in one sitting, take your time so the answers will be thoughtful.
- Listen actively and focus. Listening without disagreement will encourage your partner to express themselves.
- Contribute to the conversation by answering the questions yourself after he/she has finished.
- Continue getting to know your spouse by asking one question a week.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through my links, I earn a commission that helps to keep this blog running—at no extra cost to you. You can read my full disclosure here.
You Might Also Enjoy
350+ Good Icebreaker Questions for the Best First Conversations
425+ Best Never Have I Ever Questions for a Juicy Game
425 Good Truth or Dare Questions for the Best Game Ever
175 Good Questions to Ask Your Crush
100 Good Questions to Ask Friends (Just for Fun!)
125+ Would You Rather Questions for Couples (including dirty ones!)
50 Fun Questions to Ask Your Partner To Get to Know Them Deeper
365 Deep & Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself (& Others)
21 Hard Questions to Ask Yourself (& to Answer Honestly)
4 thoughts on “50 Fun Questions to Ask Your Partner To Get to Know Them Deeper”
I found 155. Achieved! Ask My Spouse 20 Questions That I Don’t Know About Him » My Bucket List Journey was very interesting while I was researching award winning board game for our next generation game. Thank you for the insight.
you guys are amazing
This was a super fun questionnaire!! We got some surprising answers! Loved it!
Glad you enjoyed it!