In the grand scheme of things, I don’t know much. But, the things I know for sure are:
1. Perfection is a myth. What I know for sure is that perfection is an unrealistic goal to aspire to since no one is without defects or shortcomings. I will stop banging my head against the wall now and accept that most things don’t require perfection anyway.
2. When life blows, you grow stronger. Ooh…the painful lessons in life. You have to take all those days that truly suck and dig deep…really deep…to find the lesson. Sometimes it will take years of pain to come out on the other side, but it is worth it.
3. Control only relates to you. What I know for sure is that you can only control yourself, no one else (damn). This has been a hard, tortuous, agonizing lesson to learn. Doesn’t everyone know that if they did it my way that life would be perfect?
4. Stupid people don’t give good advice. Never take advice from those who have not acquired what you want. Period. I would never take marriage advice from someone unhappily married or financial advice from someone in major debt.
5. One cookie doesn’t make me fat, the cake, vanilla latte and tiramisu that follows does. Eating in moderation works for me, gluttony does not.
That is what I know for sure, what things do you know for sure?