Tour the Grand Canal of Venice. Snapshot.

Bucket List Snapshot Grand Canal, Venice

Tour the Grand Canal of Venice.
The Grand Canal is the main waterway in Venice in Northern Italy and this is one of the stunning views you will see from the Valporetto #1 boat, which weaves its way from Piazzale Roma to Piazza San Marco. This waterbus is the perfect substitute for the significantly more expensive gondola ride through the Grand Canal.

The #1 Valporetto hits every drop-off/pickup station along the canal and is a smart way to frugally tour the waterway. We sat right up front, in the uncovered portion of the boat, and were rewarded with 360 degree picturesque views.

Is Touring the Grand Canal in Venice on your bucket list?

10 Foods for your Italy Bucket List
Stay in a Tuscan Villa in Italy
Eat a Lampredotto Sandwich in Florence, Italy
Walk on the Via Dell’Amore Trail in Cinque Terre
Drink a Bellini at Harrys Bar in Venice, Italy
Scale the 463 Stairs of the Florence Duomo
Things to do in Florence in a Day
Bucket List of 6 Amazing Northern Italy Views
Italian Adapters, Converters & Voltage (AKA: The Flat Iron Dilemma)
10-Day Northern Italy Itinerary

2017-04-04T10:27:50+00:00 March 26th, 2014|Categories: Europe, Italy, TRAVEL, Uncategorized|Tags: |

1. Andi March 27, 2014 at 6:05 am - Reply

Lovely!

2. Jonathan Look, Jr. March 28, 2014 at 2:54 am - Reply

Beautiful place! How are the issues with flooding lately?

3. ruth2day March 29, 2014 at 2:00 am - Reply

I’ve been to Venice, quite a place and not so easy to find your way around all the little streets. But also enjoyed very much a gondola trip

• Annette White March 29, 2014 at 3:07 pm - Reply

I was continuously lost through the labyrinth of streets, even with a map! Though, it made the experience that much more memorable.

4. santafetraveler March 31, 2014 at 8:54 am - Reply

My son and his family are heading to Venice for spring break. Will share this with them.

5. Michelle April 2, 2014 at 5:35 am - Reply

Wow, Venice is zoo pretty!!

6. Taylor April 2, 2014 at 7:22 am - Reply

I loved visiting Venice, but only after I got away from the super touristy spots. I enjoyed our canal ride on the gondola, though it was a bit pricey and our guide wasn’t that great. It was a nice way to tour through the canals and spend time with some friends.

• Annette White April 2, 2014 at 5:40 pm - Reply

The price was the reason we chose to ride the Valporetto instead of the gondola, but I do wish I would have done both!

7. Erica Brooks December 10, 2014 at 5:12 am - Reply

I have been on the lookout for things to do in Venice when I will be going there in Feb next year. Gondola ride was on my list, but now as you say I will try the waterbus first. thanks and I am now inspired to make a bucketlist of places I want to visit 🙂

• Annette White December 15, 2014 at 10:44 am - Reply

You’re going to love it! Venice is one of my favorite cities in the world.