Bucket List of 17 Cheesy Travel Pictures You Must Take

Bucket List of 17 Cheesy Travel Pictures You Must Take

Written by Annette White

Topics: BUCKET LISTS.

I typically forgo the fanny pack and bright white tennis shoes while traveling, but sometimes I do like to be the cheesy tourist snapping silly photos in front of crowded attractions. I mean who doesn’t want to get a picture of themselves crossing Abbey Road in London? Or standing under the famous Las Vegas sign? So, I compiled a Bucket List of 17 Cheesy Travel Pictures you must take for the folks who are a little bit corny like myself.

1. HOLDING UP THE LEANING TOWER OF PISA
The Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy is a famous lopsided, circular bell tower made of white marble. Holding up this impressive architectural structure, to prevent it from falling over, may be the most classic of all the cheesy travel pictures, though watching everyone else pose may be just as fun.

Don’t want to hold it up? There are plenty of other silly poses to do: Ten Alternatives to Leaning on the Tower of Pisa
Leaning Tower of Pisa

2. LAYING DOWN ON FOUR DIFFERENT STATES AT ONCE
America’s Four Corners is where Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Utah meet. It is the only place in the United States where you can be in four states at once. Lying down sprawled out on this spot is popular amongst the tourists, but you sit cross-legged if you prefer.
United States Four Corners
photo credit | StefZ

3. PINCHING THE EIFFEL TOWER
In Paris, the iconic Eiffel Tower is a must see. Located on the Champ de Mars, the tower’s 1,000+ feet are hard to miss even from a distance. Enjoy the view and also try giving it a little pinch… Pinching the Eiffel Tower
photo credit | vl8189

4. WALKING ACROSS ABBEY ROAD IN LONDON
On August 8th, 1969 a photographer spent approximately ten minutes taking six photos of the Beatles on Abbey Road in London. One of the six ended up being the album cover to Abbey Road and it made this crosswalk one of the most famous in the world. Tourists flock from all over for the chance to get a photo of themselves walking across Abbey Road. And I was no different.Abbey Road | Annette White

5. KISSING THE GREAT SPHINX OF GIZA
The Great Sphinx of Giza is a colossal limestone statue in Egypt that guards the front of Khafra’s pyramid. It is a mythical character with the body of a lion and the face of a man. Why not give him a little smooch…
Kissing Sphinx Egypt
photo credit | habi

6. STANDING UNDER THE LAS VEGAS SIGN
Just south of Mandalay Bay you will find the Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign where you can wait in line for the popular “Under the Vegas Sign” photo opp. See, Las Vegas isn’t just about gambling and dancing girls.
Photo Standing Under Las Vegas Sign - Annette White

7. COVERED IN MUD AT THE DEAD SEA
The Dead Sea is a body of water, bordering Jordan and Israel, that has a high salt content which allows people to easily float. The Dead sea mud is thought to have therapeutic qualities, so thousands of travelers slather it on their bodies before taking a dip into the water. Of course, snapping a photo before rinsing off is a bucket list must. Dead Sea Mud
photo credit | hrabina von tup tup

8. TOUCHING THE LOUVRE PYRAMID
Not only do you to pinch the Eiffel Tower in Paris, but you should also touch the tippy top of the Louvre Museum pyramid. Another cheesy idea.Touching the Louvre in Paris

9. HOLDING BIG BUDDHA IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND
At 34 metres (112 Ft) feet tall, Hong Kong’s Tian Tan is one of the largest sitting Buddha’s in the world. Maybe it’s not the biggest, but it certainly is breathtaking. And by strategically placing him in the palm of your hand, no one could guess its massive size. Tian Tan Buddha in Hong Kong

10. POSING WITH A WAX FIGURE AT MADAME TUSSAUDS
Millions of visitors have been awed by the wax figures at Madame Tussauds, which has museum locations throughout the world. And there is no shortage of celebrities to pose with. Mr. Hefner was my target…
Annette White & Hugh Hefner at Wax Museum

11. THROWING A COIN INTO TREVI FOUNTAIN
The Trevi Fountain in Rome is one of the most visited attractions in Italy. And for good reason. Not only is it an impressive piece of art, it is also good luck to throw money into the fountain. It means that you will one day return to the eternal city.
Trevi Fountain Italy
photo credit | kara_vanmalssen

12. RIDING A CABLE CAR IN SAN FRANCISCO
While traveling throughout San Francisco you are bound to witness a few jam-packed cable cars with happy people hanging off the sides. Be one of those people.
Ride a San Francisco Cabe Car
photo credit | gilus_pl

13. KISSING THE BLARNEY STONE
Kissing the Blarney Stone in Ireland is said to bestow the gift of eloquence. Who couldn’t use a bit of that? So, even though it will entail a laying on the ground and leaning backwards, give this stone a passionate smooch. Kissing the Blarney Stone
photo credit | deve82

14. POSING WITH A ROYAL GUARD IN LONDON
The royal guards seen at the London palaces are in charge of upholding traditions through their  ceremonial duties. But, they also make great photo props. Though they will not crack a smile for the camera, try to get close enough for a little snap shot.
Posing with a London Royal Guard
photo credit | funparade

15. COMPARING HANDPRINTS WITH A CELEBRITY
Both at Hong Kong’s Avenue of Stars and in southern California at TCL Chinese Theatre you can compare your hand prints to a celebrity. I chose to put my palms into the cement stamp of Jackie Chans.
Annette White at Avenue of Stars - travel pictures TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood
photo credit | coco mault

16. IN A RED PHONE BOOTH IN GREAT BRITAIN
Along with the black taxi, the red telephone box has become iconic in Great Britain.  So, after you take your photo crossing Abbey Road in London, pop by a booth to make an easy two checkmarks on this cheesy travel photos bucket list.
Annette White in Red Phone Booth in London Red Phone Booth in London

17. POSING IN FRONT OF THE ‘I AMSTERDAM’ SIGN
Located at the back Rijksmuseum museum, the 6 1/2 feet tall and 77 feet long ‘I amsterdam’ sign draws countless visitors each year. Tourists can be found posing in front of it, inside of it and even on top of it.
I Amsterdam Sign
photo credit | leighton cooke

How many of these cheesy travel picture ideas have you taken? How many will be added to your bucket list?

1. Stef says:

Love it! Even though I also love to explore places which are not that touristy, those tourist spots needs to be seen as they aren’t tourist magnets without a reason. And those cheesy travel photos are part of the fun! :)

2. Al-Wasl says:

Nice sharing. It’s really a beautiful place. I saw it in net now I want to see in real. Travelling is my hobby and I want to say share more information about it. Hope you will help me.

3. In my opinion: The three corniest are Vegas (That’s because I’m repulsed by gambling), and comparing prints with a celeb, and Madam Tussaud’s. That’s cuz I’m turned off by celeb idolization. :-)

The two least cheesy are the red phone booth (Because those are just so cool) and the cable car (because I love efficient public transportation)

What an entertaining post!

4. I am actually heading to Vegas in a couple of weeks for my birthday and I am so going to take a photo underneath the sign! Just call me “cheeseball queen” :)

5. Andi says:

I love cheesy travel pics!

6. Ross says:

Good list. Iv been to a lot of these but only managed a few of the cheesy pics. Not sure why I didnt think of the rest of them.

7. Ohh this makes my heart hurt for travel. Just took on a part time job so money will be tight for a while, but I am DETERMINED my fiancé and I will go on an abroad vacation BEFORE we get married–he’s never been out of the country! I am the cheesy picture taker, and he rolls his eyes at me, but this list could very well BE my Bucket List :) Thanks for the inspiration!

8. Ha! My husband rolls his eyes at me too, but I still make him pose for the every single cheesy photo that I do ;)

9. Ryan says:

Oh…so very cheesy and so very amazing! Love them all, I definitely have to start getting on this cheestastic photography when I go to these places!

10. Alison Mead says:

Done a few of these. Excellent ideas for more places to visit.

11. Barbara says:

Well, I hate to admit it but we have 7 cheesy photos from your list! I actually love them and think they are quite cute and fun to take! Thanks for sharing your list, you have given us some great ideas…lol

12. vakta mondal says:

Awesome blog as usual. Beautiful pictures that shine your blog a lot.

Please keep share more photos with us ………………..

13. Luke says:

That Royal Guard guy looks like he is trying to hold back a smile…

14. It would be so hard not to smile or laugh!!

15. Jade a says:

These are as kitschy as they are fun! It’s fun trying to come up with new ones too :)

16. I hadn’t thought about trying to come up with new ones!

17. Heather says:

Haha, these are great! I’m pleased to admit I’ve taken several of them, as well as some other doozies around the world!

18. Next time I should do a collaborative post feature other bloggers cheesiest photos!

19. Patti says:

These are great fun! I think kissing the sphinx is my favorite! Thanks for stopping by at One Road at a Time!

20. Gisele says:

Nice! I have done most of it, now i only have to visit Vegas, Egypt, The Dead Sea and Hong Kong. :)

21. vriender nishad says:

nies view

22. Even though I have been to Vegas, I did not take a photo under the sign. That is number one on the itinerary when I go next week for my birthday :)

23. Ellesse Santander says:

Great read!! Thanks for sharing:))
    I must admit I’ve done a few of them. Can not agree more that definitely must be on everyones bucketlist:))
    You just made my day…can’t help but smile at
    all these photos..gives me ideas as well.

24. Happy to have made you smile :)

25. Karmen says:

You still have to pose in front of the Twin Towers in Malaysia ;)

26. Thanks for the idea!

27. People says:

McDonald’s of photography , one persons creative ideas is a thousand peoples’ cattle run into mindless participation if what they think is quirky enjoyment of a place. Look beyond the stamp contiki tour life guide and you may be pleasantly surprised at what else there is

28. NZ Muse says:

I thought I’d got away with zero, till I got to the end! Ah well, two ain’t bad :)

29. Two is not bad at all, depending on which way you look at it ;)

30. Cheesy travel photos are great. I’d add to the list: pretending to be a Manneken Pis at a fountain like these guys, having a picture with the famous Hollywood sign, and also the Kilimanjaro sign – that’s on a lot of people’s bucket list!

31. Great (and cheesy) suggestions :)

32. Tom Fuszard says:

This doesn’t quite rank up (down?) there with yours, Annette, but visitors to Downtown Milwaukee like to check out The Bronze Fonzi. Yep, they have a likeness of the famous Fonzi from “Happy Days” in Milwaukee.

Woman are said to snuggle up to it; guys just wrap an arm around the shoulder. Despite living in metro Milwaukee, I have yet to meet the bronze Fonz. I guess I’ll have to do that someday.

33. If I ever am in Milwaukee I will definitely being cuddling up to the bronze Fonz. I grew up watching that show!

34. John Gorge says:

Your Bucket List and destination of 17 Cheesy Travel Pictures that we Must Take is very interesting. I want also to have my picture at these places.

35. This is such a fun Bucket List, cheesy or not! The only one I’ve done is the cable car in San Francisco so I’ve got my work cut out for me. Even if you like to stay away from touristy things while traveling some have become tourist attractions for a reason… they’re memorable and historic. I can’t imagine having gone to Rome and not seen the Coliseum, it’s a must.

36. The cable car is one that I have not done yet and I live less than an hour from San Francisco! Such a case of taking for granted what is in my own backyard.

37. Maiteland says:

I have done quite a few of these. As many times as I have been to the Eiffel tower I never thought to take a picture pinching it!

38. Now you know what your next cheesy travel photo should be :)

39. john smeeth says:

Awesome blog alone with beautiful pictures that shine your blog a lot. keep posting such beautiful blogs..

40. Joseff says:

Wow! That cheesy moments sound very fun! I love your photo of holding up the leaning pisa. I tried this one too but I think the photo was a fail but it’s okay, the experience was still the highlight of everything in the travel. Thanks for sharing this fun moments.

Trackbacks For This Post

1. Take a Photo Standing Under the Las Vegas Sign. Snapshot.