Exposed in a Single Page. My Media Kit.

Exposed in a Single Page. My Media Kit.

Written by Annette White

Topics: Uncategorized

I am feeling a little naked today. Maybe only wearing a hypothetical pair of socks. Why? Because this marks the first time I will be sharing Bucket List Journey’s stats in my brand spanking new media kit. Ta da.

A media kit is an information sheet or package about a business that is given to potential advertisers or pr representatives.

Annette White Blogger Media KitWhy has is taken so long? Frankly, I was waiting for better…and then bigger…and then even better numbers to impress you with. But, then I realized, that just like fitting into my skinny jeans, that day may never come or at least it is going to require a great deal of sacrifice, like refraining from red wine. Gasp.

Besides, I am proud of how far this little ole’ blog has come and where it is going.

Why do you need a media kit? As my numbers grow so do my requests for press trips, guest posts, advertising and other opportunities. A media kit not only makes it easier to respond to (or initiate) these requests, it also looks professional.

Why only a single page? That’s all I needed. Actually, it was done purposefully so all the information was in a neat and tidy one page package. Simple and to the point. Though it was previously a bit longer before I decided to put the press & media links directly on my blog instead of in the kit.

Media Kit Inspiration
The preface to writing a media kit was hours researching samples. Here are a few that were inspirational to me:

The Bewitchin’ Kitchen – a four-page kit with a creative design

Living the Dream – A longer version of a media kit, packed with stats and photos

Katy Widrick – A sampling of several short media kits

Misadventures with Andi – a cool slide show variety

Adventurous Kate – Not sure if I am more impressed with her stats or her media kit, either way you should check it out.

Amateur Traveler – A nice design with a great column layout.

My Itchy Feet Travel – Jam packed with photos and graphs

…and the Bucket List Journey Media Kit.

1. Ally says:

Id be impressed with 41000 pageviews! Well done

2. Thank you! I like that number too, hoping one day it will be unique visitors ;)

3. Heather says:

Thank you for sharing this — I really appreciate it! I’ve only had a couple of advertisements on my blog ever. I haven’t gone in search of them, but I’m open to opportunities if they’re right. With the upcoming honeymoon to Hawaii, I at least want to contact their tourism board to see if there are any ways to work together — but it’s all new to me! I may email you when I get closer to contacting them to learn more about your experiences if that’s alright.

4. Last time I went to Maui I had no luck with the Maui tourism board because I sent my request too late (they require six weeks in advance). Though, they have been very helpful with my upcoming trip. You absolutely may email me.

5. Juliann says:

Very nice page. I've been working on mine, too, but haven't used one yet. I feel like my blog is still in its infancy. But I hope it keeps growing, like yours.

6. With the amount of effort you put into it, it has no choice but to continue to grow ;)

7. Christy says:

I think it looks great! I like the ease of one page. Ours is 6 or 7 pages long.

8. Thanks. I am not sure if the longer or shorter ones work better, but I like only have to update one page :)

9. Chanel @ LaViajeraMorena says:

This has been beyond helpful. I have been wondering forever exactly how to do mine, and now yours is my Media Kit Inspiration :D

10. Glad I could help! There are so many different styles out there, I just picked what was best for me :)

11. Randa @ The Bewitchin' Kitchen says:

Thanks for featuring my site :) your media kit look great!

12. Wow Annette! I had no idea you got so much traffic! WOO!

13. No problem, loved your media kit!

14. Thanks Emma. I took a huge dip last month because my WordPress files got infected with a nasty virus. But, this month is looking good! I would imagine your site will soon be getting as much traffic with how much effort you put into it. I love reading your stories :)