Visit Harrods Food Hall & see the ₤30 Glitterati Water Bottle

Visit Harrods Food Hall & see the ₤30 Glitterati Water Bottle

In London, a trip to the uber-luxurious department store, Harrods, was on the agenda. But, not for the designer Givenchy handbags, Escada dresses or Yves Saint Laurent shoes. I am not label whore. I wanted the ritzy experience of perusing the shelves of the famous Harrods Food Hall. I am a food whore.

Harrods Food Hall is one of the Worlds most opulent food courts, for lack of a better word. It features a series of food halls that each boast luxury eateries and gourmet goods.
Harrods London

As I walked through a maze of lavish apparel and extravagant accessories, towards the food hall, I couldn't help but wonder whether there would be any product there that would be deemed affordable.

This seemed even more questionable as I passed the ₤505 Bvlgari sunglasses locked in a spotless glass case. I would go nutty if I accidentally sat on those.

Upon entering the Harrods Food Hall there was a sigh of relief, oysters at only ₤1 each. Reasonable.
Fresh Oysters at Harrods Food HallFresh Oysters at Harrods Food Hall

Though the price rises dramatically if you would like the oysters shucked, prepared and you actually fancied sitting down to eat them.

The Oyster & Caviar House at Harrods Food Hall is for you with the deeper pockets. Much deeper.
Oyster House at Harrods Food Hall

Moving on and passing the pricey sushi bar along the way, a pastry case was beckoning. Ooh look, I could also afford a cherry Danish for ₤1.75.

Unshucked oysters and pastries. This meal is shaping up nicely.
Cherry Danish at Harrods Food Hall

Upon further discovery, Quail from France would only run me ₤2.95. Maybe that guy will throw in his hat as a bonus. Or at least cook it for me since I was lacking an oven at the Royal Garden Hotel.

So, now where does this Harrods Food Hall meal stand? One raw French quail, unshucked oysters and a cherry Danish. ₤5.45. At this point McDonalds is sounding slightly better, and I don't do fast food.
French Quail at Harrods Food Hall Staff at Harrods Food Hall

The Salame al Tartufo catches my eye next and runs ₤8.75. Pricey, yet it would come with a hinged jar as a souvenir. Maybe I can grab a loaf of the fresh baked bread to slather it on.
Tartufo at Harrods Food Hall

As I looked around for something to wash down this delectable imaginary meal that I had created I saw the Harrods Limited Edition Glitterati bottled water…for ₤29.95. Seriously?

It was bedazzled, in a glass container. Could that make it taste so much better than a ₤3.20 plastic bottle of Evian?
Glitterati Water at Harrods Food Hall

In actuality I did not purchase one thing from Harrod's Food Hall. I am cheap. We went for Bone Marrow at St. John Restaurant instead. I like my food cooked.

Though browsing through, the thousands of epicurean products temporarily filled the foodie in me.

Have you been to Harrods Food Hall? Would you ever pay ₤29.95 for the Glitterati water bottle?

1. John says:

I think this would be a fascinating place to explore, but like you, I doubt I'd be able to find anything I'd actually want to drop the cash on. The $30 bottle of water is just ridiculous. I hope it's infused with diamonds.

2. Diamonds or 14kt gold flakes ;)

3. Daryl says:

Sometimes stuff like this just reminds me how differently people with lots of money think! 30 dollar water…wowza! It's like Rhianna getting a $2000 dollar manicure (REAL gold on her fingers!) No really that happened.

I think I would enjoy wandering the food hall…I may have bought myself a danish, but that's about it!

4. Holy smokes! A $2000 manicure? I just that speaks to how much money she must have!

5. I would love to spend an afternoon exploring here…but yeah, 30 pounds for a bottle of water? $50! Insane…

6. Jeff B says:

I have been to the food hall on both trips to London.  It has been about 10 years since I was there and I do not remember the prices being this high.  I do remember buying some prepared food and going to the park to eat it.   It was pretty reasonable.   I am positive I did not buy a ₤30 bottle of water.

7. It is worth a visit to peruse through the unique gourmet foods…and perusing is free :)

8. I did see some products that seemed fairly reasonably priced, though most of the stalls where you eat “in house’ were pretty pricey.

9. jenny@atasteoftravel says:

I love wandering through Harrod's Food hall but I must admit I have never bought anything there. 30 pounds for a bottle of water is ridiculous. I wonder what  is so special about it!

10. I might pay 30 pounds for water — if it was the only cure for the choking that price would induce in me.

11. Nicole says:

absolutely ridiculous! Although the oysters seem to be pretty reasonable.
    you take beautiful pictures. I look forward to reading about your adventures and following along as you cross items off your list :)

12. Thank you :)
    I thought the oysters seemed reasonable too (& the pastries).

13. Laura says:

That's incredibly over priced but it's London and it's Harrods!

14. Bethaney - Flashpacker Family says:

I lived in London for a few years and LOVED going to the Harrods food hall for a treat. Usually reserved for when visitors came to visit. The salads are amazing. My favourite was the chocolates – strawberry, champagne and white chocolate truffles…. drooool!

15. A champagne truffle sounds amazing! I’m going to get me one if I ever go back!

16. kaser says:

First time seen your travel pages – makes me want to go on adventures which havent done for years. Did it as I was looking up the bottle i purchased.
    I did buy a bottle only for the Mrs as she loves all things sprakly-water tasted the same!!!
    Bottle is now filled with tap water – still tastes th same.
    will definaely return to your links!

17. I didn’t even think about the ability to refill it! Good idea :)

18. Jaime says:

I remember perusing through the food hall in Harrods too!  I think I walked around there for an hour.  Everything was displayed so beautifully – I had a hard time choosing something.  In the end, I went and sat in their little cafe and had a scone and tea. :)  Never saw that bottle of water – not that I would've spent that much money on H2O!  :)

19. Harrods Food Hall is one of those places that you could get lost in for hours, perusing the shelves. A scone and some tea sounds perfect!

20. Ann Davey says:

Good morning,

would you please tell me if you supply water from Fiuggi in Italy, I would appreciate your reply.

Many thanks