7 Super Photos from Around the World

Tag…I’m it. Hostelbookers has created this fun travel round up and 50+ and on the Run has said it is time for me to join the party. I put on my best dress for this shindig, and poured myself a large glass of wine, while I sifted through thousands of travel photos to come up with my favorite seven that fit into the categories listed. Let the celebration begin. Here are my super photos from around the World.

1. A Photo That Takes My Breath Away
Tulum Mayan Ruins, Mexico

While touring the Mayan Ruins of Tulum, there were a dozen views that took my breath away. But, none more than this one of the bluest water I have ever seen.
The Mayan Ruins of Tulum Beach

2. A Photo That Makes Me Laugh Or Smile
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Number dos of my photos from around the World is this darling little girl who loved having her photo taken and has the sweetest smile. I absolutely adore that her toes are curling into the end of her flip flop.
Girl in Puerto Vallarta

3. A Photo That Makes Me Dream
Arenal, Costa Rica

On the way to Arenal we stopped on the side of the road and peeked through the pushes to unveil this Costa Rican home. It makes me dream of a simpler life, with the rain forest as my backyard.
Photos from around the world at Costa Rica

4. A Photo That Makes Me Think
Holy Cross Chapel, Sedona, Arizona

This photo brings back all the wonderful memories I have of my grandmother. Each lit candle, also makes me think of all the loved ones people have lost.
Sedonas Church in the Rock

5. A Photo That Makes My Mouth Water
Salumi, Seattle, Washington

My mouth is watering as I write this one of the photos from around the world. This porky meatball sandwich was made at Salumi, owned by Mario Batali’s father. And it’s official, Papa Batali makes the best meatballs.
Mario Batali Meatball Sandwich at Salumi in Seattle

6. A Photo That Tells A Story
San Francisco, California

This photo could tell a hundred different stories, and I’ll probably never know which one is correct. But, my tale is that these pretty ladies are full of life while exploring San Francisco. They all daringly chose to hang off the outside of the cable car to get the best experience.
Nuns riding a cable car in San Francisco

7. A Photo That I Am Most Proud Of
Orvieto, Northern Italy

And last, but not least, of photos from around the World is….
I just love this photo for the faded, hilly background, the towering cyprus trees and the fact that it is the epitome of Tuscany.

Tag…your it. I nominate:
Picturing the Americas

Trave Rinse Repeat

Explore. Experience. Live.

As the Bird Flies

A Travel Broad

See the official 7 Super Shots rules at Hostelbookers.

Which travel picture is your favorite from these photos from around the World?

1. John of Travel Rinse Repeat March 26, 2012 at 11:18 am - Reply

Thanks for the tag Annette! It's going to be tough trying to find the best shots for each category.

2. Sabrina March 26, 2012 at 12:45 pm - Reply

Great collection of shots! I love that they're from all the different corners of the world.

3. 50+ and on the Run March 26, 2012 at 1:37 pm - Reply

These are great! Thanks for playing!

4. Villy @ For the love of Feeding March 26, 2012 at 2:08 pm - Reply

Wow! So many beautiful places (and faces)! Gorgeous photos!

5. Kae Lani | A Travel Broad March 26, 2012 at 5:03 pm - Reply

Thanks for the tag! I really love the moments you've captured!

6. Inge March 26, 2012 at 6:12 pm - Reply

Thank you so much for the tag! Just grabbed a glass of wine to celebrate 🙂
    I absolutely love your photo no. 3! Love the rain forest!

7. Jessica March 26, 2012 at 7:41 pm - Reply

Of all of my vacation photos over the years, some of my faves come from Tulum. That IS the bluest water!

8. Laura March 27, 2012 at 3:46 am - Reply

I love the photo with the nuns

9. Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) March 27, 2012 at 8:37 am - Reply

Your blog makes my travel bug itch so bad. I need to see these things, and more, and all of the things! Your travels sound amazing.

10. Cathy Sweeney March 30, 2012 at 7:32 pm - Reply

These are such great photos. Especially love the ones of the little girl and the nuns on the cable car. I also didn't know that a photo of porky meatball sandwich could look so delicious!

11. Travel Rinse Repeat’s Seven Super Shots April 2, 2012 at 1:01 am - Reply

[…] The good folks at Hostelbookers created this little game called ‘Seven Super Shots’ that encourages travel bloggers to share seven of their favorite photos from their travels in the seven specified categories. This has been making its rounds on the travel blogs lately, and my friend Annette of Bucket List Journey was kind enough to tag me in her Seven Super Shots post. […]

12. Inge April 11, 2012 at 7:10 pm - Reply

Thanks again for tagging me. I had a lot of fun going through my images. I remembered some nice trips and found some great images I already had forgotten.

13. Inge April 11, 2012 at 7:11 pm - Reply

Oh and I agree on bluest water! It's in Tulum, so beautiful!

14. Nisha July 28, 2012 at 3:15 am - Reply

I especially liked 2nd and the 6th. Loved the nuns. 😀

Here are my super shots. Have a look and tell me which one do you like. 🙂

15. Svetlana September 4, 2012 at 6:38 am - Reply

Your pictures are cool. I invite you to take part in our game too. http://blog.booked.net/2012/08/14/join-our-blogger-promotion-capture-the-seasons/

16. Marysia @ My Travel Affairs July 27, 2013 at 7:24 am - Reply

Wow! I love picture of the nuns in SF! Really cool!

17. vakta mondal January 12, 2014 at 3:55 am - Reply

Just it’s amazing your blog photos. I like it very much. Seeing your photos I’m speechless. Just awesome………..