Get Your Eyebrows Threaded

Eyebrow ThreadingEyebrow threading was not a life long dream, but I had seen these little shops popping up all over and was curious by the technique.  I am a Retina-A & Triluma user which helps with wrinkles and discoloration, but causes a thin layer of skin to be removed, in addition to my brow hair, when I wax. So I usually just pluck my brow hair…one by one…ouch!

Eyebrow threading is a way of shaping eyebrows by using just a Cotton piece of thread. It is widely practiced in the Middle East and India, but has been making a significant showing in America.

There are no chemicals used and the whole process takes about 5 minutes.

I had mine done at the local mall where I just popped in without any wait. They sit you in a chair, simillar to the ones at a hair styling salon and then proceed with the eyebrow threading using one long piece of thread.

I am pleased with the results, being quite fascinated by the fact that they removed my hair, even the short ones, with a piece of string. Talk about a low overhead business!

What to learn how to do it yourself? Check out this video:

Have you ever done eyebrow threading?

2017-03-12T10:52:14+00:00 Categories: BEAUTY & STYLE|Tags: |

1. Jessica October 27, 2010 at 6:52 pm - Reply

Did it hurt?  I've heard from friends that had it done that it hurts a lot.
    I personally just had my first facial and the "extraction" part was pretty bad.  And I've plucked my eyebrows since I was 12 years old and I think I've now damaged the hair folicles so much that they don't even grow anymore.

• Annette Renee White October 27, 2010 at 8:42 pm - Reply

It feels just like plucking, except doing lots more hairs all at once! A little worse than waxing, but totally bearable.

2. Miranda October 28, 2010 at 12:52 pm - Reply

I think I'm too the point where the waxing doesn't even hurt anymore and I, like Jessica, seem to have killed several hairs from re-appearing. This is very cool though!

3. Elle November 1, 2010 at 7:20 pm - Reply

A few of my friends swear by threading.  Until I watched this video I never really knew what entailed, it's not as bad as I envisioned.  I'm a plucker myself, but perhaps I'll try this sometime?

• Annette Renee White November 1, 2010 at 7:35 pm - Reply

Of course you’ll try it, because I have a feeling you are a lot like me & can’t pass up a new experience 🙂

4. shana November 12, 2010 at 5:19 pm - Reply

Ouch! I hate getting mine threaded. Waxing is a lot less painful to me. Please check out my blog?

5. […] Got my Eyebrows Threaded […]

6. Kerry July 8, 2014 at 9:38 pm - Reply

I have really thick, dark, and coarse eyebrow hair since I had a kidney transplant and started taking anti-rejection and immune suppression meds. My cousin is a hair stylist and waxes them for me at her salon. I will ask her about this next time I see her.

7. chris March 30, 2015 at 7:04 pm - Reply

wow great eyebrow shaping tips thanks a lot threading looks difficult though 🙂
    would you have any eyebrow shaping tips for someone with a squarish shaped face??